Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Exciting Discoveries

Here are some things I (Amy) have found these past two days, either while exploring here or at the malls in Takamatsu, the capital city an hour away. A friend took me yesterday, and it was so fun to be in a big city with two good malls. Here are some of my finds:
--A Sports Authority, Body Shop, and Gap
--A Grocery store in the mall (yes, all the malls have grocery stores in them) that had Pringles, popcorn, salad dressing, marshmallows, and spaghetti sauce.
--A coffee shop that sold pesto, Hansen's cola, oatmeal, salsa, every flavor of Celestial Seasonings tea, and Hershey's cocoa.
--A "King Size" store should Fox every need new clothes.
--The Japanese equivalent of Ikea--I can't remember the name.
--A bookstore that had English books and magazine ($20 a piece)
--And today, I went to the Marugame Library and found the English section, which is very tiny but it had "Zeralda's Ogre", a book my mom used to read to us and which I love.

Crazy finds, huh? Well, at least for me! I've never been more excited to get groceries in my life! If that seems strange to you, I remind you that we are living on the smallest island in Japan. It has probably the fewest Americans in the whole country, and, as a result, the least amount of American food.

P.S. What I didn't find:
Candy corn. Chocolate chips. Grape Nuts. Boohoo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Ikea. And I love many Japanese things. I can only imagine my feelings towards this "Japanese Ikea."

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you found some good things! I would miss chocolate chips a lot too ): keep up the search (: